TERMS AND CONDITION
1. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions (which we will refer to as our "Terms") apply to the Moroccanoil Promotional Prize Competition, which we will refer to as the "Competition".
By entering the Competition you agree that you will be legally bound by these Terms.
2. THE PROMOTER OF THE COMPETITION
The promoter of the Competition is Moroccanoil Israel Ltd. of 1 Moshe Levi St., Rishon Lezion, Israel (who we will refer to as the "Promoter" or "we"). The Promoter is legally responsible for running the Competition. If you have any issues or problems relating to the Competition, please contact the Promoter. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram [The Platform].
3. THE COMPETITION
The Competition gives entrants the opportunity to be in with a chance of winning one prize (each of which we will refer to as a "prize").
There will be one main prize (which we will refer to as the "Main Prize") of 500ml duo!
The Competition will be open to participants in the following countries: Switzerland, Germany, Denmark, Spain, UK (England, Scotland, Wales), Finland, France, Iceland, Norway, Romania, Ukraine, & Sweden.
(we will refer to each country or country grouping as a "Participating Country" and collectively as “Participating Countries”).
4. ELIGIBILITY RULES
Entrants to the Competition must be:
- over the age of majority, which in most countries will be 18 years old, although there will be exceptions to this such as in Finland and Norway, where entrants must be over the age of 20; and
- a legal resident in one of the Participating Countries.
The following people are excluded from entering the Competition:
- employees of the Promoter or any of the Promoter's group companies;
- anyone professionally connected with the Competition or its administration; and
- members of the immediate family or household members of the above groups of people.
By entering the Competition you confirm that you meet the eligibility requirements above. It will be the Promoter's sole decision as to whether any eligibility requirement has or has not been met and we may require evidence or confirmation from entrants before awarding Prizes. Entrants also confirm that any person appearing in the Entry (as defined below) will be over the age of majority, which in most countries will be 18 years old although there will be exceptions to this such as in Finland and Norway, where such person must be over the age of 20.
5. ENTRY WINDOW
The Competition will be open for entries from 12:00:00 CET on 11.01.2024 until 23:59:00 CET on 18.01.2024 (which we will refer to as the "Entry Window").
Any entries made before or after the Entry Window will be automatically disqualified.
6. HOW TO ENTER
To enter the Competition, [Entrance Requirements] (we will refer to this as the "Entry") on your [Platform] account. Instagram applications are available on iOS and Android devices. Your [Platform] account must be 'public' – if the account is private, the post will not qualify as an entry to the Competition.
Your Entry must meet the following requirements:
- Follow @moroccanoileu
Your Entry must also be accompanied by the following caption:
- Like the post
- Tag a friend that’s looking to upgrade their wash routine
You must only post an Entry on your own [Platform] account. If your Entry is a winning entry, the Promoter may ask to see proof that you are the account holder of the [Platform] account used to post the Entry.
Your Entry must be submitted in compliance with the format and other requirements set out by [Platform].
You may enter as many times as you wish, provided that each entry consists of a different Entry, and is made in accordance with these Terms.
No purchase is required to enter the Competition, nor will it increase your chances of winning – you may use any Moroccanoil products you already have.
The Promoter may reject any entries that:
- have been copied or in which you do not own the rights, or have been previously submitted in any other contest, sweepstake, or promotion;
- consist of or include stock photography;
- incorporate or prominently display any third-party brands or trademarks (other than that of the Promoter);
- it reasonably suspects infringes any third-party rights, including copyright;
- contain material which is (or promote activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating or the mutilating of animals, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal, offensive, threatening, profane, defamatory or harassing, or otherwise contain unsuitable content (as determined by the Promoter);
- are incomplete, incomprehensible, damaged or otherwise deficient; or
- have been made by the use of automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits multiple automated entries into competitions generally.
The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries, including where they are not received within the Entry Window because of technical disruptions, network congestion or any other reason.
7. SELECTION OF WINNERS
The winner/s will be chosen on or around 21.01.2024 from all eligible entries received during the Entry Window at random, subject to the prize breakdown provided above.
Winners will be selected from this verified account and contact only via DM. This promotion is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with Instagram.
A list of the names of the judges will be available on the Competition website from the end of the Entry Window for a period of 30 days.
One entrant will be chosen from each Participating Country to win a National Prize, and one overall winner will be chosen from among all the entries received from entrants in all Participating Countries to win the Main Prize. There will be no National Prize awarded to an entrant from the Participating Country where the Main Prize is won.
We will publish a list of winners, their Participating Country and their winning entries following the selection and contacting of the winners to indicate that the Prizes have been awarded. If you object to any or all of your [Platform] handle, name (as it appears on your [Platform] profile), Participating Country and winning Entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter. In such circumstances, the Promoter may still be obliged to provide the information and winning entry to the advertising regulator (or similar competent authority) in the relevant Participating Country on request.
The decisions of the judges will be final and binding in relation to the choice of winners and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
The Prizes are as described at the start of these Terms.
All prizes are subject to availability, non-transferable and non-exchangeable – no cash alternatives will be offered. If a winner does not take any element of a Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the Prize will be forfeited by the winner – no cash will be awarded in lieu of that Prize or part of it.
Prizes that consist of attendance at specific events must be taken on the dates specified in these Terms and do not include travel insurance, the cost of transfers to and from airports, stations or venues, food and drink, spending money, tax or personal expenses. Accommodation is provided on a 'room only' basis. Any other costs incurred in addition to those set out above and that are incidental to the fulfilment of the Prizes are the responsibility of the winners.
Winners are responsible for ensuring that they and any person travelling with them are available to travel and hold valid passports, any necessary visas and travel documents for the trip in question on the travel dates specified.
Any tax payable as a result of a Prize being awarded or received will be the responsibility of the winner. Winners should seek independent financial advice prior to accepting a Prize if this is a concern.
The Promoter may replace the Prizes with prizes that the Promoter considers to be of broadly equivalent value.
9. CLAIMING PRIZES
Winners will be notified by a private message via [Platform] to the account on which they posted their winning entry within ten days of the end of the Entry Window. It is recommended that you have your [Platform] notification settings turned on.
To claim their Prize, winners will be required to follow the Prize-claim instructions and to sign and return a 'General Contest and Release Form', which will be provided to the winners as soon as the Promoter reasonably can.
If a winner either:
- does not respond to or follow the Prize-claim instructions within five days of the Promoter having notified the winner via [Platform]; and/or
- does not return the ‘General Contest and Release Form’ within five days of the Promoter having provided it to the winner,
the winner will automatically forfeit their Prize.
The winner will also automatically forfeit their Prize if:
- any Prize notification is returned as undeliverable;
- a winner rejects his/her Prize; or
- a winner does not comply with these Terms.
If a winner forfeits their Prize, an alternative winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries and no compensation will be given.
10. RIGHTS AND CONTENT
By entering the Competition you:
- grant to the Promoter permission (which is non-exclusive, applicable worldwide, irrevocable and for the full period of any intellectual property rights in your Entry), to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the Entry, commercially or non-commercially, including the right to publish the Entry on the Competition website and in any media for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review or compensation; and
- agree to waive and not to assert any moral rights in respect of your entry and its contents.
You promise that:
- your entry is an original work and has not been copied without permission, is not defamatory, indecent, harassing or threatening and does not infringe third-party rights;
- there are no conflicting agreements in place that restrict the use of your entry or its contents;
- you will produce evidence of any required consents at the Promoter's request, or risk being disqualified from entering the Competition.
If any of the promises above turn out not to be true, you will compensate the Promoter for any loss or damage caused to the Promoter as a result.
All rights in the name and title of the Competition and the format rights for the Competition are the sole property of the Promoter.
11. PERSONAL INFORMATION
12. LIMIT OF PROMOTOR'S RESPONSIBILITY
As far as the Promoter is legally allowed, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible for:
- compensating you and will not accept any responsibility for loss, damage, personal injury or death relating to your entry or inability to enter the Competition; or
- compensating a winner and will not accept any responsibility for loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up a Prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors, or that of their employees.
Your statutory rights are not affected.
13. TAMPERING AND OTHER MATTERS
If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned as a result of any technical failures, unauthorized intervention, computer virus, mobile network failure, tampering, suspected tampering, cheating, reasonably suspected cheating, fraud, or any causes beyond the Promoter's control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, the Promoter may cancel or modify the Competition and/or disqualify any individual who causes the problem.
These Terms shall be understood in accordance with and governed by the laws of the State of Israel, and the courts of the State of Israel shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
The Terms posted on the Competition website are the official Terms for the Competition and shall supersede any Terms furnished in any other manner (whether oral, in writing, or in any other form or media).